About Schnucks Pharmacy
Schnuck Markets is currently the number one grocery retailer in the
Midwest. We have built our reputation of friendliness, customer
service and community involvement.
The tradition began in 1937 when Edwin H. Schnuck and his two sons,
Donald O. Schnuck and Edward J. Schnuck, opened their wholesale meat
business in North St. Louis. Edwin's wife, Anna Donovan Schnuck, also
ran a confectionery shop at 3968 Labadie. Together, these locations
would become the first Schnucks store in 1939.
Annette Schnuck Hanhardt, their daughter, along with Annette's Husband,
Raymond Hanhardt, entered the business in 1945.
Schnuck Markets soon became established as the "Meat Masters" with
excellence in meat products.
Several additional Schnuck stores were added over the years, but the
largest acquisitions were Bettendorf in 1970, Kroger in 1986, and
National Supermarkets in 1995.
We currently have over 100 grocery stores and our own bakery plant, trucking lines, real estate company and other supportive
Schnucks is currently being run by the sons and daughter of Donald
Schnuck. Craig, Scott, Mark, Todd, Terry, and Nancy Diemer are all
In March of 1970 Schnucks announced the grand opening of Medi Mark, the
family pharmacy at Schnucks Hampton and Gravois. This was the first
combination food and drugstore for Schnucks. This was our first
We have expanded to 96 pharmacies located in five states:
Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Iowa
Our pharmacies offer convenient, one-stop shopping with prescriptions
filled while the customer shops.
*at most locations
- One-Stop Shopping
- Have your prescriptions filled where you shop, while you shop.
Easy and convenient.
- Easy Transfer of Prescriptions
- Just call our pharmacy and we will handle all the details.
- Free Blood Pressure Screening
- Most of our locations offer free blood pressure testing so you can
better protect your health.
- Free Crutch Loan Program
- In the event of an emergency, we can loan you or your family members
crutches for a nominal refundable deposit.
- Prescription Delivery*
- Prescriptions delivered to your home or office for a nominal fee --
just call for details.
- Generic Drug Savings
- Save up to 50% or more on quality generic drugs. Just ask our pharmacy personnel and we'll call your physician for the approval.
- Third Party Insurance Plans
- We accept most major insurance plans including United Healthcare, Aetna/Prudential,
Group Health Plan, Alliance Health Care, PCS, and all state Medicaid programs.
- Credit Cards
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover
for your shopping convenience.